How will GearBrake affect my brake lights?
- If the module is wired into your brake lights, it will light them any time you are significantly slowing down. It will continue to always light your brake lights when you use the brakes. If you would rather not mess with your brake lights, you can use the module with any add on lights and leave your brake lights completely untouched.
- The module will flash the brake lights for 2 seconds when significantly slowing or braking and then go to solid.
How sensitive is GearBrake?
- The module is specifically tuned to only light the brake lights when significant slowing is detected, roughly equal to normal braking. Our custom algorithm ignores road noise and potholes, eliminating false indications. The module can also be adjusted for sensitivity at the time of installation.
Will GearBrake work with other brake light modulators?
- The GearBrake module replaces the need for other brake light modulators and flashers. If you already have one installed, we suggest removing it and replacing it with our Pulsing Smart Brake Light Module.
Is GearBrake difficult to install?
- All you need is a wire stripper and 15 minutes of time. Be sure to look up your bikes wiring configuration so you know what wires you want to install the module on, or check out our plug
Will GearBrake work on my bike?
- The GearBrake module will work on nearly all 12 volt LED and incandescent bulbs. We offer a compatibility guarantee. If it doesn't work, we will refund your order.
Will it alert me if my light is out?
- Every time the module is powered on, it will flash the lights for 2 seconds to let you know the module and the lights are in working order.
More questions? Contact us: